From the research that led to this Plan, we have identified a number of key indicators by which we can be sure that we are moving in the right direction. These include:
- The percentage of the population with basic food production skills
- The percentage of the population who feel confident in cooking with fresh produce
- The percentage of food consumed locally which has been also grown locally
- The number of people who feel they have access to good advice, skills and retraining in basic food production
- The percentage of land (agricultural & urban) under utilisation for food production
- Rates of obesity and chronic heart disease
- The average body mass index
These can be returned to regularly to see if the community is making progress in the right direction.
Leave a comment
If you wish to comment on a particular paragraph
and quote the relevant number in your comment.