From the research that led to this Plan, we have identified a number of key indicators by which we can be sure that we are moving in the right direction. These include;
- Rates of smoking, substance abuse and alcohol consumption by mothers during pregnancy
- Breastfeeding rates at 6-8 weeks after birth
- Size of the poverty gap (the links to shorter life expectancy, accident rates and lack of qualifications are well established)
- The number of children and young people killed or seriously injured on the roads
- No. of families with children under 18 where a parent is home outside of school hours and during school holidays
- These can be returned to regularly to see if the community is making progress in the right direction.
Leave a comment
If you wish to comment on a particular paragraph
and quote the relevant number in your comment.