Step Three: Engage the Community
The starting point was to build on where Transition Town Totnes (TTT) was already working:
- Public Events – Promotes awareness, information & education (e.g. talks, Open Space sessions)
- Themed Working Groups, e.g. Food, Economics, Building & Housing
- Projects, e.g. Garden Share, Nut Tree Capital, The Totnes Pound, Transition Together
…as well as developing outreach to link in with the wider community, by:
- Making media links, local articles, produce an information leaflet
- Talks and visioning sessions for local groups, parish councils, local partnerships, educational institutes
- Organizing film shows in outer parishes
- Meeting with local movers and shakers
This identified a body of people to become linked into the project and gaps in topics covered by the current work of TTT which would need to be addressed.
Leave a comment
If you wish to comment on a particular paragraph
and quote the relevant number in your comment.